FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $70
The inspiration for Droid came from an 80’s movie marathon. Now before you laugh, think about “Back to the Future” and all of the movies created in the 80’s, particularly what the film creators had depicted people wearing in the 21st Century. Metal helmets, latex and plastic all-in-one outfits, riding hover boards; it was incredible. While the hover board has yet to be created (commercially at least) we wanted to create a futuristic eyewear design that would make the great film creators of the 80’s proud. Not because of the design, but because of the futuristic vision. We took a massive lens design to block all glare and give you the best coverage. We streamlined the outer edges of the frame front to increase airflow, and continued the aerodynamics into the temple design with sleek channels to reduce wind resistance. We modelled the temples with a boxy outline and added custom cut outs to add symmetry. Droid is our take on futuristic vision and comfort.
- Boxy Temple Design
- Awesome lens depth gives maximum coverage- Natural colour perception- Cuts out harsh glare - Full peripheral protection
- Ice; The vibrant Ice blue mirror overlays a natural Stone grey base tint Crown Glass lens. We use real metallic particles in our Ice Blue Mirror lenses as only real metallic particles reflect bright light and heat away from your eyes. This actually creates a cooling effect during periods of intense light and reduces eye fatigue. Our real metallic mirrors are sandwiched between layers of Crown Glass so they can’t be damaged or scratched off! The neutral grey lens tint allows for natural colour perception while vaporising glare. It is suitable for everyday use, particularly in high glare situations where you want natural colour perception. The Stone grey lens tint takes your vision; and relaxes it. The natural grey colour removes irritating glare and noise from your vision and provides perfect optical clarity without changing your colour perception. The result? Spotters’ Ice Blue mirror is a high glare specialist, giving glare-free vision and natural colour perception The Ice Blue Mirror finish also hides your eyes.
- Carbon; Spotters’ Carbon; a Photochromic Glass lens with a Grey tint that allows for a natural colour perception, while cutting out harsh glare. The Carbon lens takes your whatever you are looking at, and just relaxes it. The natural grey colour removes irritating glare and noise from your vision and provides perfect optical clarity without changing your colour perception. Our Photochromic Carbon lens is designed specifically for those who want neutral colour perception. The dark tint blocks glare and harsh bright light without altering your colour perception and now that it is Photochromic allows for longer wear through the day as it will adjust to your light conditions.
- Halide; A true revolutionary high definition lens, Spotters’ Halide is the world’s darkest polarised Photochromic copper crown glass lens. A combination of the world’s best technology and highest quality elements, Halide offers unsurpassed glare reduction while providing superior depth perception and precision optics. It is suitable for everyday use, particularly in high glare situations. Halide is the culmination of almost 2 years of intense design and development and is specifically engineered for extreme conditions; it can withstand Australia’s brightest, sunniest, high glare conditions and still offer perfect optical clarity, insane depth perception, and high scratch resistance. The Halide lens has been specifically developed for people who are sensitive to extreme glare. The unique high contrast copper tint of the Halide lens offers better clarity and depth perception to the human eye than any other colour, and delivers it without distortion. Halide makes objects sharper, gives clearer vision over distances, shows greater depth perception in water and eliminates eye fatigue and headaches. The Halide lens is also dark enough to hide your eyes.
- Penetrator; Our unique Penetrator is a high contrast bronze polarised photochromic crown glass lens that blocks glare, filters blue light and gives the sharpest definition. It is suitable for all day, every day use. Enhanced photochromic performance adapts to bright sunlight, reflective glare from water, snow, heavy rain, mist, or fog and is flexible for all conditions from dawn to dusk. The unique colour of our Penetrator lens actually enhances your vision in low light conditions. Wear them in the rain, wear them in late afternoon city haze, wear them in the fog or through that unexpected sun shower, and your vision will be clear. No glare, no squinting, and you won’t have to remove your sunglasses because everything is too dark – the Penetrator lens adjusts to varying light conditions, so if there’s low light, the lens will lighten to suit. You can literally wear this lens from dawn til dusk.
- Nexus; The incredible iridescent blue/green mirror overlays a high definition Emerald Green polarised Crown Glass lens. We use real metallic particles in our Nexus Mirror lenses as only real metallic particles reflect bright light and heat away from your eyes. This actually creates a cooling effect during periods of intense light and reduces eye fatigue. Our real metallic mirrors are sandwiched between layers of Crown Glass so they can’t be damaged or scratched off! The high definition Emerald Green base tint is incredibly soothing to your eyes, allowing for increased depth perception and improved colour awareness without altering your colour vision. We developed the Emerald Green base tint (the same as our Emerald lens) because there is nothing on the market that gives your eyes natural colour tones while delivering enhanced depth perception.
- Frame Width: 139.5mm- Bridge Width: 17.4mm- Lens Width: 64.8mm- Lens Height: 44.2mm- Template Length: 121mm- Temple to Temple: 107.5mm- Screw to Screw: 131mm- Frame Fit: Large