FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $70
The flagship saltwater spinning reel from Penn is a robust, IPX6 sealed fishing weapon. Sporting the famous slammer top and bottom carbon drag system.
Introducing the all new Slammer III. Built for heavy-duty fishing from either boat or shore and trusted by charter captains all over the world. The Slammer III reels feature our new IPX6 Sealed System which keeps water out of the gear box and drag system. We’re also using our updated Slammer Drag System which now utilizes our proprietary Dura-Drag material.
The CNC Gear™ is machined from premium metals which provide a durable, yet smooth gear train created by the precision of CNC technology. Our Dura-Drag material contains a special Phenolic bonding agent that prevents premature breakdown of the carbon fiber material while providing a barrier to water.
Full Metal Body and side plate keep precise gear alignment under heavy loads. No backing needed because the rubber gasket keeps superline from slipping. Line capacities on spool are marked at 1/3rd, 2/3rd and full capacity. Braid Ready to handle the strain that braided lines put on a reel. Also the Instant Anti-Reverse eliminates rotor backplay for instant hook sets.
- Full Metal Body, side plate, and rotor
- CNC Gear™ technology
- IPX6 Sealed body and spool design
- Sealed Slammer® drag system with Dura-Drag™
- 6+1 stainless steel bearing system
- Sizes 6500HS and 8500HS have manual bail trip
- Techno-Balanced™ rotor gives smooth retrieves
- The perfect oscillation for an extremely even line lay
- Model: 6500HS
- Monofilament Line Capacity (yds/lb): 500/12 - 420/15 - 255/20
- Braided Line Capacity (yds/lb): 605/30 - 500/40 - 420/50
- Bearings: 6+1
- Max Drag: 20kg
- Gear Ratio: 6.2:1
- Line Retrieve: 121cm
- Weight: 700g
- Model: 8500HS
- Monofilament Line Capacity (yds/lb): 490/25 - 330/30 - 280/40
- Braided Line Capacity (yds/lb): 955/40 - 805/50 - 760/65
- Bearings: 6+1
- Max Drag: 25kg
- Gear Ratio: 5.3:1
- Line Retrieve: 126cm
- Weight: 887g