FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $60
Australians come in all shapes and sizes; short and tall, well-built and skinny, Aussies with small faces or square jaws, medium head sizes and even a few who are cranially well endowed – affectionately called “boof heads”.
We noticed people would head into a store to try on sunnies, but nothing fit. Lenses were too small to give any protection and the frames were so tight they were causing headaches. Rather than looking like you’re wearing your kid’s sunglasses, we decided to design a solution.
To start with, we identified key design elements from across our range and then sculpted these features to deliver the perfect life-size fit. We’ve designed a geometrical lens shape that fuses sophistication with aerodynamic lines, giving incredible lens depth and protection. We whittled away the temple width to slide on under your headwear, ensuring the precise proportions to create perfect balance while wearing. The subtle curve of the temples provides the perfect amount of grip while our state of the art frame materials give you unmatched flexibility and comfort. Grit’s design is so comfortable, you’ll feel like they were made just for you.
- Big wrap supports the cranially well endowed
- Slim temples slide on under your headwear- Natural colour perception- Cuts out harsh glare - Full peripheral protection
- Ice; The vibrant Ice blue mirror overlays a natural Stone grey base tint Crown Glass lens. We use real metallic particles in our Ice Blue Mirror lenses as only real metallic particles reflect bright light and heat away from your eyes. This actually creates a cooling effect during periods of intense light and reduces eye fatigue. Our real metallic mirrors are sandwiched between layers of Crown Glass so they can’t be damaged or scratched off! The neutral grey lens tint allows for natural colour perception while vaporising glare. It is suitable for everyday use, particularly in high glare situations where you want natural colour perception. The Stone grey lens tint takes your vision; and relaxes it. The natural grey colour removes irritating glare and noise from your vision and provides perfect optical clarity without changing your colour perception. The result? Spotters’ Ice Blue mirror is a high glare specialist, giving glare-free vision and natural colour perception The Ice Blue Mirror finish also hides your eyes.
- Halide; A true revolutionary high definition lens, Spotters’ Halide is the world’s darkest polarised Photochromic copper crown glass lens. A combination of the world’s best technology and highest quality elements, Halide offers unsurpassed glare reduction while providing superior depth perception and precision optics. It is suitable for everyday use, particularly in high glare situations. Halide is the culmination of almost 2 years of intense design and development and is specifically engineered for extreme conditions; it can withstand Australia’s brightest, sunniest, high glare conditions and still offer perfect optical clarity, insane depth perception, and high scratch resistance. The Halide lens has been specifically developed for people who are sensitive to extreme glare. The unique high contrast copper tint of the Halide lens offers better clarity and depth perception to the human eye than any other colour, and delivers it without distortion. Halide makes objects sharper, gives clearer vision over distances, shows greater depth perception in water and eliminates eye fatigue and headaches. The Halide lens is also dark enough to hide your eyes.
- Penetrator; Our unique Penetrator is a high contrast bronze polarised photochromic crown glass lens that blocks glare, filters blue light and gives the sharpest definition. It is suitable for all day, every day use. Enhanced photochromic performance adapts to bright sunlight, reflective glare from water, snow, heavy rain, mist, or fog and is flexible for all conditions from dawn to dusk. The unique colour of our Penetrator lens actually enhances your vision in low light conditions. Wear them in the rain, wear them in late afternoon city haze, wear them in the fog or through that unexpected sun shower, and your vision will be clear. No glare, no squinting, and you won’t have to remove your sunglasses because everything is too dark – the Penetrator lens adjusts to varying light conditions, so if there’s low light, the lens will lighten to suit. You can literally wear this lens from dawn til dusk.
- Nexus; The incredible iridescent blue/green mirror overlays a high definition Emerald Green polarised Crown Glass lens. We use real metallic particles in our Nexus Mirror lenses as only real metallic particles reflect bright light and heat away from your eyes. This actually creates a cooling effect during periods of intense light and reduces eye fatigue. Our real metallic mirrors are sandwiched between layers of Crown Glass so they can’t be damaged or scratched off! The high definition Emerald Green base tint is incredibly soothing to your eyes, allowing for increased depth perception and improved colour awareness without altering your colour vision. We developed the Emerald Green base tint (the same as our Emerald lens) because there is nothing on the market that gives your eyes natural colour tones while delivering enhanced depth perception.
- Emerald; We developed the Emerald lens because there is nothing else on the market that gives your eyes natural colour tones while delivering enhanced depth perception. As a result, we’ve tinted the Emerald at the precise point in the electromagnetic spectrum that allows the human eye to perceive colour. This lens feels extremely soothing to your eyes, shows undulations in the field in front of you and contrasts objects under water to give you clearer vision. This lens is perfect for people who are colour blind or are uncomfortable with the copper tones of the Halide and Penetrator lenses.
- Frame Width: 149mm- Bridge Width: 17.2mm- Lens Width: 65mm- Lens Height: 44.2mm- Template Length: 142mm- Temple to Temple: 118mm- Screw to Screw: 138mm- Frame Fit: X Large